Giving Winter the Finger

My husband and I are musicians. And we’re parents. Our “backstage” experiences with our son (our little frog) deeply affect who we are. Recent insights:

Hooray for the cheery people out there. I've been trying to dial in sustainable optimism through snowstorm after snowstorm. But after the pile of snow we'd built up to clear the sidewalk collapsed, I gave up.

Today, I'm pulling the covers over my head (metaphorically... I can't really, because I need to invent and supervise indoor kid activities, especially because preschool has been canceled again for tomorrow...). So, here are a few simple schemes, to get me through the day.
New England is a treasure. The history, architecture, neighborhoods, amazing regional accents and international and small town/local situations lead to inspired collaboration and community mobilization. The Autumn leaf display is stunning. Late Spring and Summer brim with creative natural and cultural offerings. And in early Winter, a light dusting of snow on early 18th century homes can be quaint.

But I'd trade it all for one inch less of snow today...

Labels: ,