Trad Tots is now TRAD KIDS!

My husband and I are musicians. And we’re parents. When we are onstage, we do our best to really be ON stage. But all our “backstage” experiences with our son (our little frog) deeply affect who we are as people, thus musicians. Recent insights:

I am putting a show together for kids (and their parents). It's an interactive musical about a mouse who throws a cupcake party, and it features original and traditional Irish folk songs. Because I am using folk and TRADitional music, the working title was "Trad Tots."

I do think toddlers will giggle and enjoy the music and the silly characters. But the story, the new vocabulary words, and the themes of team building and creative participation are also likely to appeal to older siblings.

My friend Emily suggested that "Tots" may discourage kids above 4. I asked friends and they all concur. So the new name is...  

   Trad Kids!

I will be posting a few videos of songs in progress shortly. Or hold out for the live show, which will run just TWO DAYS in September (Saturday Sept 15, and Saturday Sept 22... 10:30am Matinees at Club Passim in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA).

Labels: ,