Containing Growth

Spring is here! These brighter and (vaguely) warmer days inspire in me fresh gardening resolves: I will try vegetables once again in my mostly shady garden... this time in containers.

With containers, I can move things around as the sun moves. This is a simple and creative approach to gardening in little sun.

The best medium for container gardening, I am learning, is a soil-free mix of peat, vermiculite, and organic compost. Rich earth from the garden just turns to rock in the pots.

Like plants, kids can thrive in appropriate settings. What a wild balance to strike: facilitate a groovy and supportive set-up for your little dude; do your best to nurture and maintain your awesome situation/attitude/community; and welcome the worms you meet along the way.

Happy Spring, gardeners and parents!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

Labels: